The Turkish siege of Sinj in 1715, Virgil Meneghello Dinčić (copied)

1760. – Building of the Alka Knights Court (Kvartiri)

The Court was built in 1760 as a square fort with a two-building complex. Each complex includes two square towers and two inner courtyards separated by the stables. A complex could house four companies of horsemen, together with their horses. Throughout history the fort was used by all the armies present in Sinj, particularly by the French Army in the early 19th century, and the Austrian Army. It was the time when Home Guard three-storey barracks was added to the fort.

Photo gallery